Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To do list


Yes, I have a bucket list. My long seemingly senseless list contains both the silly and serious.   The website www.43things.com is a terrific site to start and update a life list.  Here are a few items from my list.

Number 17 on my list is “climb a tree.”    Yes, my dexterity will do battle against gravity.  With luck, gravity will decide to take a working vacation the day of my climb.  Throughout my life, gravity and I have not been the greatest of friends and we are not on speaking terms.

Standing tall at number 12 is “Learn how to play the piano.”   I always have the urge to tickle the keys of pianos, which stand unguarded in hotel lobbies.  I simply need to play one song really well and never take requests.  Always leave an audience thinking that you are better, smarter, and more successfully then you actually are. Honesty is overrated.

Rebelling at number 3 is “protest for cause.”  The specific cause is unimportant yet a cause that I actually support would be preferable.  An arrest is bonus points.

At number is “imagine.’   Number18 is “create something beautiful.”  “Sending a message in a bottle” is at 26.

Number 5 is “be more spiritual.”   In my mind spirituality is synonymous with romanticism.  So, my list needs to be completed with a romantic perspective. The message in a bottle can’t be an ordinary message.  The song springing from the piano must be soaring and the tree is not for climbing but ascending

A bucket list must be done properly. 

No comments: