Friday, August 12, 2011

My Grandfather




I will not admit many shortcomings but I will admit to three: the curse of the premature graying of my hair, a mild speech disorder, and a heavy dose of ADD.

Actually, my gray hair is not a curse. I started turning gray in high school. Throughout my life, my gray has been badge of individuality. My mild speech disorder is also a badge of individuality.  It only offers a major hindrance when I am talking on a phone with a stranger.  In all other instances, my stutter is humorously mild.  If I communicate smoothly with a person, the smoothness is indication that I like and trust the person and I am very comfortable with the person.

My ADD is burdensome but it bonds me with my grandfather, a man who I deeply admire. He was always getting lost in words while losing himself and things, which were attached to him.  Yet he always easily forgave himself for losing himself and he often turned his misfortune into funny effacing adventures! He never took his location disorder too seriously. 

Yes, my grandfather had many disorders. He was also sandwich challenged.  His sandwiches were always heavily leaning on the verge of falling apart, like buildings after an earthquake.  He must have known magic or used glue, because his sandwiches did not have the capacity to remain as a unit.

Maybe his use of glue is why I currently have ADD.   Now where was I? Why did I write this blog? Oh I remember: to the people who get this blog through email (the people who do not hear me stutter much….or my friends), this blog  is changing a bit. I am going to write more and use a light dusting of humor.   I will still post sketches and paintings but I will yak about things that pop into my head, which could be dangerous considering my massive intake of glue as a boy.  If you wish off the list simply email me.

Be good to you. 

No comments: