Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Table




Sorry, I took a few days from writing.  I want to at least write every other day. I get a lot of enjoyment from hammering the keys. 

Today, I went to my pondering place, the local coffee shop, and I discovered a shocking surprise. A young couple was sitting at my table.  Well, the table is not officially mine.  Yet, I proclaim squatter’s rights.


The table is prefect. It is near a window.  During pleasant weather, the window is often open allowing the wind and outside noises to fill the shop.  The table is near the bar but not too close.  The table is near a main area of congestion offering a good line of sight for people watching.  The most important advantage of the table is its lack of popularity. It is almost always unoccupied except for today.

So, what is the proper course of action?  Should I unnaturally stare at the couple until they call the police or leave?   I could telepathically send dire messages of doom if they don’t forfeit the table.

I guess they can have the table just for today.  They seem to be a happy couple and they don’t really deserve negative telepathic messages.  

2 comments:

badthing1 said...

You could always carry a mouse in your pocket and stealthily place it upon the table and.....oh I'm kidding, Larry!!!!!! LOL I think you did the right thing by quietly walking away. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, there is no way I would have said anything! I just thought it was funny!

"Drats! my table is taken!"