Monday, September 26, 2011

Linger



People enjoy reading my sketchbooks. My sister-in-law, Tasha, is always a threat to steal my book and start reading.   Often, I only insert sketches in my book but occasionally I write.  Below are the words from this page of my sketchbook. 

"I adore the word linger. LIngers meant to remain or stay in a place than is usual or expected, as if from a reluctance to leave...to be slow in parting or leaving something. 

Though simplistic the word is seldom used in common conversation. Yet the word bleeds romanticism. 

To linger: to be in love with a person though a parting is on the horizon. 

To linger: to consider the wonder of the early edge of morning while the sun is hidden. 

To linger: to be simply happy or at peace knowing the passing of time will recalculate circumstance. 

To linger: to battle, for a moment, fate. 

No comments: