Friday, November 7, 2008

old light





I have to dive into drawing for the next few weeks. A very nice lady from California wants a few black and whites. In my opinion, a wall with a collection of stark black and white art is powerful and classic. I have such a wall in my own home.


Getting ready to draw, I went through my stash of drawings and found this drawing.
I often take little road trips through the country…..I prefer getting lost on dirt roads. On one of my explorations, I discovered an abandoned car lost in a field of weeds. I snapped a photo of the headlight.

I often worry that I am too “folksy” however I was raised folksy. I am from a small town. I was raised along a dirt road. As a boy I roamed the woods and in the summer I was barefoot. Muddy water simply runs in my veins.


In the end, it is odd how we try to run from our past only to return to it.

No comments: