Saturday, November 8, 2008

Old Barn





This barn is for a wonderful lady form California. She visited the state of Arkansas and walked into the gallery.  We started talking about art, specifically drawing.  Upon seeing my sketchbook, she was thrilled to see this old barn.


And now for from background on the barn.  The barn rests about 5 miles north of my home. The location is a bit out of the way. However, I often extend my  drive to pass by the barn.   I have been watching this barn for a decade. 

The barn is on the edge of existence. This fact is what captured my attention in the first place.  Over the years, the barn has moved even closer to non-existence. I suspect on one summer day, I will pass by the location and it will be completely gone. 

I often have a theme of transition and this fits nicely in my general theme. 



No comments: