Saturday, October 25, 2008

back and white




may


drawingmotherandchild


threecrosses



picturedrawing art

I met a nice lady in the gallery yesterday and we talked of art. She looked at my journal which I endlessly keep on hand and then she showed the journal to her friend. The friend enjoyed the sketch of the barn and we had a warm and spirited conversation on black and white. I promised to show upload some of my back and white drawings to help her get a feeling for their impact.

I was simply amazed at the woman's passion for art....Simply amazing.

3 comments:

badthing1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
badthing1 said...

And I am simply amazed at YOU!

Your rendition of the mother cuddling her infant is not only deeply soul-moving but beautifully depicted.

Your last drawing, the more I look at those those faces, without a doubt in my mind, you have captured the essence of the pure, unadulterated love and joy that the woman is sharing with the little boy who I feel is most likely HER little boy. :)

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your experience of those wonderful feelings of kinship that only people who share like-minded feelings have whether they pertain to art or anything else for that matter.

Unknown said...

Well, thank you very much. I had a request to show some black and whites.

I am planning to do about 4 drawings and I will post the results.

Nice to see you around these parts!